Thursday, July 30, 2009

We Interrupt This Program, Part II

Once again, I'm going out of town for a week beginning this Saturday. Don't know if I'll have the opportunity to post or not, but as my longer-blogging friends have told me: post often, post regularly. Given I may not be able to post next week, just wanted to give you a head's-up.

I'm not really feeling any particular Dark Musing at the moment. I know I have a slew of "coming soon" topics to write about, I'm just not inspired.

I will say this: our country was built on the backs of the Puritans. Those prudes were so reviled they had to flee their homeland to practice their extremely right-leaning ways somewhere else. Is it no wonder a few hundred years later we're still dealing with people's shocked attitudes toward sex, homosexuality and other legal proclivities? Every time I go to Europe and some Asian countries I am both astonished and relieved by their openness to sex or "alternative" lifestyles. This country would be better off if we weren't so full of our TBS-watchin', bible-thumpin' friends. (Now if you watch TBS and thump bibles and you're voluntarily reading this, that means you're either super interesting and I want to buy you a drink or your a real perv in which case it's time to clean up your act or admit you have a "problem.") Some of the greatest hippocrytes I've ever personally known in my life are "serious" religious-types.

Short, sweet and to the point. Thank you. Type at you in a week, unless I get 'er dun whilst I'm away...

6 comments:

  1. I can honestly say I've never thumped (or even opened) a bible in my life, nor do I intend to. But ya know, they do show repeats of Everybody Loves Raymond on TBS...

    Don't get me started on religion. Or on, er, hypocrites. :-D

    See you on the 8th, darlin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. TBN. I meant TBN.

    Crucify me, for God's sake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you clarified about the whole TBS/TBN thing, I was beginning to think I was more out of the loop than I thought!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip or whatever

    ReplyDelete