Thursday, July 16, 2009

We Pause for this Brief Intermission...

I'm heading off for a few days of R&R with the fam. As soon as I get back, I'm off on a business trip for a few days. Likely won't see another blog entry until next week. I know keeping this damn thing fresh is paramount, so I wanted to let you know my "experiment" isn't over, it's just on a brief hiatus. Look for a new post as early as Monday or as late as next Thursday.

Upcoming topics:

  • Why I Hate Safewords and How Not To Use Them
  • Notes for a Bottom: How to Ask for What You Need
  • Inside This Top's Mind: It's a Mess Up There
Just a few parting thoughts for you dedicated followers, early adopters and mild stalkers:

  1. I was in a Polynesian place on business the last few days (I know, I know: tough life--but the inside of a conference room is the inside of a conference room, even when it's tropical outside). Saw one of those cultural shows with all the exotic dancing (not that kind, you pervs!) and grass skirts, etc. There was one number, Tongan perhaps, where they had these sticks that were split into almost broom-like ends and they would smack them against themselves to make this percussive "chook!" sound. As I was sitting there with all these families, I'm thinking, "I gotta get me a few of those. They'd be great to smack an ass with!" Talk about perv.
  2. Before you talk, think. Before you react negatively to someone, be ready to articulate why you're feeling that way. It's okay to feel negative, whether it's legitimate or not. I like to say, "Your perception is 9/10ths of your reality." It's true, if you think about it. So, even if you're negative about something, even if it's not legitimate, it's real to you. To be fair to the individual you may be having these thoughts about, the best thing to do is to be able to communicate why you have these feelings. Get them out on the table. Announce them. Even as you know they may not be fair, you can say that, too. Best not to leave your cloud of doom hovering over the other without clear definition on what is going on in your head. Does that make sense? If you do this, you can get quicker resolution to what's bothering you. (What the hell does that have to do with any kind of "Dark Musing" anyway? you ask, and rightfully so. Nothing. Just an observation I had that I thought I'd share. It's my blog. So button it.)
Have a great week. I'll be back next with more pithy observations and Tales from the Top Side. (Oooh! That should've been my blog's name! Damn.)

4 comments:

  1. Tsk tsk. Letting life and work interfere with your blogging? Say it isn't so. ;-)

    Regarding your point #2, makes good sense to me. Human communications are such tricky waters to navigate sometimes. And human feelings are even more freaking complex. Sometimes I wonder how we all keep from killing each other!

    Button it?? YOU button it! But seriously... have a great time on your trip. We look forward to more pith. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tricky, indeed. Some of us are better than others, and when it all goes to hell in a hand basket it's easy to let your mistake spiral out of control. Keep a cool head, apologize, take a deep breath and let it go. It's hard to do, but everyone will be happier for it if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to your post about "Notes for a Bottom". It's always great to get a glance into the mind of a top . . . .

    I'm glad to have found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's certainly something I plan on doing before the next SL party, Keagen. Hope you're well!

    C

    ReplyDelete