Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Importance of Good Playmates

I'm extremely fortunate. I have some wonderful regular playmates. Some I see rather frequently and there are those I only see a few times a year. But all of you beautiful women are very special to me because of our connection, because we are good playmates. It comes from friendship and communication. Building a respect for one another as well as building an understanding of what each person needs and what each brings to the scene. Good playmates are a find. A rarity. Trust, communication, respect, integrity, appreciation. All these things come into play when building a relationship with a playmate.

Certainly many of you have read Erica's blog and know all about our scenes. I've detailed them fairly extensively myself as well. Everyone who read these knows it's a mutual admiration society going on. I've often talked about on these pages (screens???) the near-psychic connection we share when in a scene. How just a breath or a movement or a sound is enough communication for me to understand what needs to happen next.

Saturday night Erica and I played. Our scenes in the past have been bratty, fun, loud, intense, emotional, dark, punishing...not all at the same time, mind you. Before we played Saturday Erica told me she wanted something "fun and intense." Got it. She'd been having a tough couple of weeks. Dark and intense would've been too much, though before she told me I had considered both a "dark and intense" or a "fun and intense" (note a theme to these?) as viable possibilities. Perhaps she needing centering, focusing as a result of her recent issues. But she sent the word on what she hoped to get.

Our scene was just that. Fun and intense. There was much laughter, sometimes at the expense of others in the room--like the guy with the LED flashing lights and tinsel on his wiener. The banter was light and playful and Erica laughed with joy numerous times. Most surprisingly, at one of the most intense moments in the scene she began a muffled, throaty laugh, face down on the padded table. I couldn't tell what she was doing--laughing or moaning in pain (the bad kind). I stopped and checked in. She was fine. She was more than fine. It started me.

I got to try out my new implements I had purchased at Bizarre Bazaar, some better than others. HL at the FMS Back to School party showed me one of those Japanese gloves with the vibrating fingertips and he told me how much he loved it, so I had to get me one of those! Tried that out during a period of sensation play and we both loved it. Great in combination with a knife or, I would imagine, a vampire glove (though Erica hates "poky things").

Though her subspace wasn't deep, she felt fulfilled. The only word that kept coming to me during aftercare was "joyous." The scene had been just that.

The importance of good playmates. Fulfilling to both parties, delivering something much needed. I don't take these relationships lightly.

2 comments:

  1. Joy was definitely a good word for our Saturday scene. It's a strange phenomenon, laughing during intense parts of the play. I can't explain where it comes from, but I'm so happy when the top knows it's coming from sheer, unadulterated enjoyment, not disrespect.

    I too am grateful for good playmates. And if I may say so, the fact that you have several makes a wonderful statement about what kind of playmate YOU are. :-) -- Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, as always, for your kind and thoughtful words.

    C

    ReplyDelete