Sunday, March 14, 2010

Scene Kill

There are many ways a scene can be ruined, and I've blogged about a few of them in the past. But how about a scene getting killed before it started? Best laid plans... My wife (a switch) and I were scheduled last night to co-top (duel top?) a lady at the dungeon we play at. We had discussed how we would choreograph this to some degree. I've co-topped my wife in the past with another male dom and it was great and a feast for her senses. Fun, rewarding and really a ballet of implements and nonverbal communication between the two tops. So I was looking forward to this.

Then word came in via email to my wife that perhaps the scene might not happen because the lady needed to get permission from her dom. Last she and I had spoken the week before, this was not a condition of play, so I was confused and, to be honest, a bit frustrated that this protocol issue had arisen. (And any regular reader of my blog will know how I feel about protocol.)

Saturday arrived and no word on whether permission had been granted to allow her to play with us. My wife was scheduled to participate in another scene at the Lair. GIven I had no other plans, I decided to stay home and avoid what I hate the most: just sitting around waiting for her to finish her scene. Now, I like the socializing part, but eventually, as the night wears on into early morning, it turns into me sitting around waiting. I don't begrudge my wife at all for this. She's having a great time. But I'd rather not end up sitting there. I can't even whip out my iPhone and watch a show or play a game--no phones allowed in the dungeon for obvious photographic reasons. So I stayed home and watched Zombieland with my kids, which was awesome, because I loved Zombieland when I saw it for the first time in Times Square when it first opened.

Scene kill. Before the scene began. Frustrating.

5 comments:

  1. UGH! Protocol, shmotocol. For crying out loud, it's just a scene. A public scene, with your wife present and participating. What's to get permission for? You and I are on the same page with this sort of thing, so I share in your disgruntlement (that's probably not a real word, but it should be).

    But props to you for staying home for movie night with the kids and allowing your wife to go have her play night. Everybody wins. Oh, except the loser who didn't get to scene with you because she wasn't let off her leash. -- Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your support, Erica.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good lord. What IS UP with people? How about some honesty, and perhaps a little common courtesy, and lets top that off with 'showing respect' - now those things are my kinda 'protocol'... (smiles) ~zelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Zelle. You are correct.

    If I haven't said it before, I can't wait to finally meet you in person.

    C

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto Craig! And thank you. I can't tell you how refreshing it will be to meet with a like mind. ;-)

    ReplyDelete