Monday, January 17, 2011

A Follow-up on Errant Texting

Back in September I blogged about how easy it can be to send the wrong text to the wrong person with the iPhone. You can reacquaint yourself to that embarrassing moment here. To summarize, I texted my business parter: I WILL BE SPANKING YOU IN 24 HOURS. This was obviously meant for Lizzie, who I was going to be seeing the next day at Shadow Lane in Vegas. Working my way out of that situation involved cleverness and a bit of English subterfuge. I was confident he didn't fall for it, but what was I to do?

Today I received a text from him that said: PLEASE COME TO MY OFFICE. So I did. He looked at me quizzically and I held up my iPhone. "Oh. Jeez. Sorry. That wasn't for you." I started to walk out of the room and paused, turned around and said, "You ought to be more careful. You never know what you might send to someone inadvertently that may be taken out of context."

He nodded, went back to what he was doing, but as I turned to walk away he looked up suddenly as if he realized what I had just said.

(On a side note: if you are a smartphone user and have had run-ins with autocorrect, check out the hilarious site damnyouautocorrect.com)

10 comments:

  1. I have this horrible fear of sending the wrong pic to the wrong person! Like the other day I took a pic of myself in my hot tub.. just a little booty shot.. with red bikini bottoms on.. which wouldn't have been all that bad going to the wrong person... the bad part.. was the text that accompanied that pic... YUP.. it would not have gone over well if someone "nilla" had gotten that and read.. "I think my bottom needs to match the color of this suit!"..... oops..that would have had me jumping off the nearest cliff had that gone to a client.. or my Mom!...
    Then again.. I may have found out something NEW about a client if he had sent me a txt back that said.. "You're right, it does, where and when are we meeting up?!"... LMAO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just spent a good part of my morning reading damnyouautocorrect dot com. (Haha Funny!) Yesterday I spent the morning viewing peopleofwalmart dot com. (Whoa. Alrighty then.)

    I've come to the conclusion that this world is going to hell in a hand basket along with Toto taken a crap in it.

    I'm optimistic though.

    Thanks for the laughs Craig!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That link led me (in a circuitous manner) to regretsy.com - between your link and regretsy, I think my stomach muscles will never be the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing, Zelle! Yeah--watch those texts! As you've read here, they can be disastrous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Gawd, Connie! peopleofwalmart.com is frigging UNBELIEVABLE! There used to be a similar site for tourists at Disneyland, but I can't find the URL any longer. Also check out whenparentstext.com! HEE-LARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! Awesome, A'marie! Watch those muscles--you don't want to bust a gut! ;-0

    ReplyDelete
  7. LMAO!! Hey! If you're gonna touch my butt like that, the least you could do is buy me dinner first. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Erica. It seems you "on call", 24 hours a day. Or I could say, You are in a 'Phoney', business Erica. You must'nt mind me Erica, that's trying to be funny with my 'Yiddishe Koph'.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you two commandeering my blog?

    ReplyDelete