Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Musing on 2010

2010 was a pretty darn good year, in spite of the economy.

It started off with a few great scenes with Erica Scott, setting the tone for a fabulous year of play and parties. Erica and I played again later in the year at FMS and again at SL in Vegas, so we certainly got a few good whacks in to finish out 2010!

Next came a surprisingly fantastic party in Atlantic City with the SSNY folks for Boardwalk Badness Weekend. What a great first event. What a hell of a lot of fun and what an opportunity to meet new people, see old friends and just have a great spankin' good time. At the Karaoke show I took to the stage for my rendition of "Human" by one of my favorite bands The Killers. Whether it was playing with CloeMichelle, Jada, Lizzie, my wife Gia or many others, it was a great experience. The semi-public spanking room off the main ballroom came off as odd to me at first, but I had one of my most enjoyable scenes in there later in the weekend. Hats off to Mike, Miranda and Jules (and the entire SSNY team) for the amazing freshman event. I have no doubt this year's will be even better and I hope, like last year, Gia and I were two of the first to sign up!

June came soon enough and we found ourselves in the Tampa area for FMS' "farewell" Beach Party. The weather was great, the event organized to the hilt and the play great. One of my favorite moments was an impromptu party in Indy, Jada and Lizzie's room--mixing Dark & Stormys, eating a friend's fantastic cake (no, that's not an euphemism), hanging out with friends old and new. In the corner with Irish Mike, throwing in a randy and hilarious comment now and again (RIP, dude!). Brad's intro party in his suite with a cadre of fun folks was also a fun time, and I remember with great clarity sneaking a peek at a scene on the same bed as Jada and I between a new friend and an older one that was so smokin' hot I thought they were going to burn through the comforter.

September arrived quickly and we were in the sweltering Vegas heat for ShadowLane's party. I did my first take-down scene at the vendor fair, played with a fantastic new friend Beth, and really had a wonderful time relaxing, playing, making some great new play friends and making some wonderful new friends overall. I did wax and fire in our suite with Kate & Jada, had a super-hot scene (no pun intended) right after in the room with everyone hanging out with Lizzie (fully clothed! sitting on the sofa without moving!). What a really rewarding experience that party was for me. By the time it was over, I had a tear in my eye--I didn't want to say goodbye to my play pals and friends.

After enjoying two scenes with Beth at SL we communicated afterward and decided to play at the Lair. So in November, we enjoyed a fantastic scene with great energy. I love our dynamic and we really do play well together. The year ended with a bang (or a slap?) with Beth again in December. She's an enjoyable play pal and I look forward to getting her over a spanking bench back at the Lair in February.

Yep, 2010 was a great year for kink. I'm hoping this all is precedent for a fantastically fun 2011 at the Lair de Sade, in Atlantic City and back in Vegas for another great ShadowLane party. Happy New Year everyone!




7 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a wonderfully kinky year. I feel honored to have been mentioned so kindly. Hopefully we'll be seeing each other again soon.

    -Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you deserve to be mentioned kindly, Beth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking back, it really was quite the amazing play year, wasn't it? I mean, y'all actually got me to FMS! Thanks for all the great memories and I'm glad I was part of your 2010. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, just have to add -- the verification code for my last post was "cantop." LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the note, Erica!

    And listen, you got YOURSELF to FMS!

    C

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a well-spent and invigorating 2010 year, Craig. I know it will just keep getting better and better. You'll make it so.

    Thank you for sneaking-a-peek and compliment toward L and I at FMS. Made me blush and I don't blush easily. ;) I hear FMS is on again. CHEERS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Connie. Yeah...it was a hot scene!

    C

    ReplyDelete