Friday, February 25, 2011

An Artful Comment

Last Month I had a post entitled In Pursuit of Pain.

The other day, a reader named Annapurna commented on it.

The response was so lovely, so poetic, I had to share it with you all. Enjoy:



I’m not much into warm ups so the pain hits with a storm’s fury. I instantly find myself in the eye of emotional turbulence, thrashing vulnerability, the thud of the implement, a searing sting, and unabashed eroticism, which moves from my lower spine to the base of my head flooding my mind’s eye with undulating blackness. My pain rises and falls in unpredictable ways as the unseen hand keeps me at the brink of my limits, preventing me from total emotional disintegration into nothingness.


3 comments:

  1. That is an impressive use of language. Since I am utterly unable to write at anywhere near that level, I'll just say, wow. Thank you, Craig, for bringing this comment to our attention.

    Annapurna, I don't think I've noticed you around here before, but I do hope you'll stay. You clearly have something special to add.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Annapurna

    @Melanie,

    Thank you for your kind words.

    I plan to stay. I am creating a blog with similar material. I hope to have it ready soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments, Melanie.

    And we look forward to reading your blog, Annapurna.

    ReplyDelete