Monday, March 14, 2011

Hot Chrossed Blog

Well, I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later. After more than a year and a half of my blog, I finally got Chrossed at the end of last week. I always see Erica "carrying on" ;-) on her blog about getting Chrossed and I thought, "What's the big deal?" Now I know.

When I first got the news I assumed it was about my last post, Creepy McScenekill. I thought, it was witty...humorous. Chross gets it. But then, when I went to check, I discovered it was about Beth's bruised bottom. No, Chross really gets it. Photos get Chrossed and Beth's bottom was great photo. I get it, too. No harm, no foul.

So, I guess I shouldn't've been surprised that as of right.....now!.....that post has received over 5,500 hits! And Creepy McScenekill? About 100. I had posted in More Strange Results that my blogs with pics did better results-wise than those of just words. I'm a writer (professionally and here), so it kinda hurts my feelings (yes, even tops have those) that people will go see a photo of Beth's perfect rear by a margin of 20:1 more than my best text blog entry. Oh well. Like I said, I get it.

Hopefully a new audience will see my words and decide to stay! If not, there's always the next scene...with a new implement--my camera!

6 comments:

  1. Your Creepy McS post was extremely witty. And Beth's bottom was very elegant. So it was a toss-up that week for Chross.

    For what it's worth, most of my Chrossed posts are text, and so are Bonnie's.

    Congratulations in any case!

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hermione:

    Is that supposed to make me feel better? That he's never Chrossed one of my text-only posts? (sigh)

    Thanks, though. Kidding... Ish.

    C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess I expressed myself badly, so will try again. It is often difficult to figure out why Chross chooses one post over another. I have given up trying, and just enjoy the high I always get from it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup -- in other words, don't look a gift Chross in the mouth.

    Or something like that... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope it doesn't seem like I am. Really I'm not. I'm not I tell you!

    ReplyDelete