Thursday, March 3, 2011

To Post Or Not To Post: A Purple Butt Question

After our scene Saturday night, Beth told me her bottom was pretty bruised. (Interestingly, she said she never used to get bruised, but since her hiatus in the lifestyle she's bruising every scene.) She sent me a photo of her bum. I immediately noted two things (aside from the fact she has a very nice bottom): 1.) her bottom was thoroughly bruised from top to bottom, edge to edge and, 2.) it looked like she'd placed a stencil over her butt and dipped her rear into a purplish/magenta Easter egg dye.

Which leads me to my question to you all: should I post the photo?

Beth sent it to me with that intent, but I'm torn. I don't want to come off like I'm bragging about it and I don't want to create the impression that I am glorifying bruising in some way (though, as you might see, I am rather proud of my accuracy!).

What do you think? Post it or no?

10 comments:

  1. I've always been fascinated by bruises, injuries, and surgeries of every sort. So, I'm probably not the most objective person to ask. My initial reaction is, "That sounds like a sweet bruise! Let me see!" However, this reaction is totally divorced from the context and does not even consider your concerns. So...I'd love to see it, but you might want to take that opinion with a grain or twelve of salt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a word person, not a picture person. While I enjoy seeing reddened bottoms tastefully presented, I think that I would prefer not to see Beth's bottom as you describe it. It sounds a bit extreme for my taste.

    Not that I'm opposed to marks per se; I love looking at my own on the rare occasion that I have them.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Melanie. Yeah...not sure that really helps. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's one vote NO. Thanks Hermione.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always up for a lovely picture of a woman's bottom, especially if the girl wants to show it off. But that doesn't answer your concerns about "bragging" or "glorifying bruising"...though arguably, if someone is going to discount your statements on the issue, it would be equally easy to read your description that way.

    I'd say - post it if Beth wants you to and you're willing to ignore the nonsense from anyone who doesn't actually read your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. (sigh) This is one of those situations where you're not going to please everyone, no matter how hard you try. I agree with Lizzie; if you want to and Beth wants you to, then post it. There's a difference between showing a pretty, evenly colored/bruised bottom and saying, "Wow, I did that?" and crowing, "Lookit, lookit, lookit what I did!" You'd do the former, not the latter. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lizzie: Thanks for the note. I appreciate your objectivity on the subject.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, Erica. You've convinced me. I'm running the photo! Tomorrow. Thanks for the note! I appreciate your opinion, as you well know.

    ReplyDelete
  9. For the record... "Ditto what Erica said".. because we know you.. and most importantly.. where your head is .. unlike some others who may post a pic such as that for less than stellar reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Zelle!

    I appreciate the kind words.

    ReplyDelete