Wednesday, May 25, 2011

In London with the President: A Vanilla Report

The corner of Hyde Park is right across the street from my hotel, so rather than run the treadmill in the dreary fitness center this evening like I did last night, I decided to go run Hyde Park. The weather's absolutely amazing right now and it's nice to get out and see the sights. 


So I ran the six mile loop around the park and as I did so began to hear helicopters overhead. Soon, I saw a bunch of motorcycle cops driving past, and then I realized what was about to happen. Obama is in town and had dinner last night with the Queen and spoke today to both Houses. It's been all the news has been talking about here. Well, guess what? His motorcade drove right past, secret service Suburbans and the President's Stretch Cadillac (all travel with Air Force One in a military cargo jet--well, the limo has a "garage" in the back of Air Force One). Pretty cool!

8 comments:

  1. Really cool. PS: I also run in Hyde Park every time I visit London. Have some fun and visit the shop Riders and Squires in Kenssington.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't say I need a lot of saddle soap, but thanks for the suggestion.

    Appreciate you commenting, Joeyred51.

    Craig

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny. There's a huge equestrian center near where I work and there are a couple of horse equipment and supply stores nearby. I went in to look at whips and crops and they were veeerrrry suspicious of me being in there and were not at all pleased when they felt I wasn't a horse person. It was strange.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I visited the store in London, there were only two people shopping and we were both only interested in whips and crops. I guess they are just more sophisticated in London. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know the LA Equestrian Center quite well... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you, Zelle? Well, it's a stone's throw from my office...

    ReplyDelete