Saturday, May 14, 2011

Two Fucking Years!

While at SSNY’s Boardwalk Badness Weekend last weekend in Atlantic City I was talking to friends between events at the party and Lizzie says to me, “You know we’ve known each other for more than two years?” What? Two years? Two fucking years??? She was right. Gia and I had gone to our first spanking party at Shadow Lane’s event in March of 2009, right around St. Patrick’s Day (I remember those green wood spanking rods that were handed out).


Wow.


More than two years since our first spanking party. That meant three Shadow Lanes, two Boardwalk Badness Weekends and two Florida Moonshine Beach Parties—a total of seven parties—in two years! And that meant we’d been friends with Erica & John, Danny, Jada, Lizzie, Michael & Kate, HL & Sass, Dave & Stacy, Brad and so many others for two years.


Damn, times flies.


Hey, friends! Thank you all for accepting me so openly into your group(s). I can’t speak for Gia, but it’s been an amazing journey thusfar as I went from skittish, uncertain and nervous first-timer to a more confident player (of course, training my hand on a cinder block didn’t hurt either!).


The scene has done much more than given me the opportunity to play. The unintended benefits of being in the lifestyle and going to the parties in particular have been extraordinary for me. I’ve gained an incredible amount of self confidence (up from just about zero) in myself (not just as a player but as a person). I’ve made some excellent friendships and truly amazing relationships with people I wouldn’t trade for the world. That alone has been astonishing and unexpected. I’ve learned more about me in terms of coming to grips with my sadism, what I need in terms of my own growth as well as looking after myself more.


You, my friends, have helped so much with this. Your gifts, intentional or otherwise, have been extraordinary. I can’t imagine where this journey will lead me next, but I’m certain the next chapter will be intense, exciting, eye opening and transformative.

No comments:

Post a Comment