Sunday, August 14, 2011

Bachmann: Submissive WTF?

I have never blogged about politics, and really, I'm not now, but I gotta ask: Michele Bachmann, Ms. Tea Party, What the Fuck? She said today on Meet the Press that her comments at the Republican debate on Saturday that wives should be "submissive" to their husbands.


Now, you think I'd condone such comments, but her Biblical rhetoric really gets under my skin. When does she think we live? The 1800s? Women should be independent, free-thinking, forward-looking. Not "submissive to their husbands." Now, she backtracked today to say "submissive doesn't mean subservient." Good. I'm sure the spin doctors in the Tea Party camp had their heads spinning around like Linda Blair at her words at the debate. 


Conservative Bible People are conservative bible people. If it looks like a fish, smells like a fish... I don't care what she said on TV today, you'd best believe she thinks a woman should have the slippers out and the pipe tamped when Hubby gets home. Only those high-paid spin doctors want right-leaning Americans to know that "submissive doesn't mean subservient." She went on to say that "submissive means respect." Okay, now in MY world, submissive really does mean respect. Mutual respect. Understanding and communication.


She changed the subject and turned to taxes, but to me, when I open my news RSS feed and see the word "submissive" in the news, my interest peaks up.


What do you have to say on the subject?

4 comments:

  1. Bachmann, as is the case with the rest of her party, has tea leaves for brains. Her submissive is NOT the same as our submissive.

    My question is, if that's her view, then how come her husband isn't the one running for President? Surely she doesn't expect him to stay home and tidy up the White House.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he's home vacuuming, making casseroles and dry cleaning the drapes, Erica.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Craig, on your opinion of Michele Bachmann, I wanted for years to spank her bare bottom with a pliable stinging cane. And that goes for Sarah Palin to. And I might add all of Fox News TV female announcers as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever it would take to shut them up is alright with me.

      Delete