Sunday, September 11, 2011

Shadow Lane Report Part 2

Saturday of Shadow Lane began too quickly. I was exhausted. Jet lag from my trip to the Middle East really had me in its grip. I couldn't sleep enough. So I went for a walk late in the morning after getting coffee. It was already mid-90s out. I'd run in hotter weather, but I was glad when I got back. I showered, dressed and went down to see Lizzie where we had another great scene.


(I asked Lizzie if I could write this next part, so with her permission I'll continue...)


Lizzie really doesn't like Saturday's dinner/dance. It reminds her too much of proms and unsuccessful dances. Unpopularity. Last year, she was in a bit of a state I remember comforting her and putting her to bed early, tucking her in and making sure she was sleeping comfortably before going back to a suite party. So this year I promised her she wouldn't have to do that. I didn't know what we'd figure out, but I knew we would.


In the end, we drove to the Strip in a cab and had dinner at one of the few sidewalk caf├ęs around. We went to a show, took a cab back, the party just ended. I was happy to have missed the evening myself, being completely wiped out with jet lag and, to be honest, a bit melancholy in light of my mother's passing. 


I realize at this point my trip report is getting rather boring, not a lot of spanking going on here. So just because I feel badly about that, here's a gratuitous shot of Lizzie's bottom:



Sunday began and I had work to do. Afterward I went for a run in the fitness center. I got invited to lunch with CeeCee and Lizzie and some folks from the UK and Ludwig and Kaelah from Germany and of the blog Rohrstockpalast

After that, I wasn't feeling like doing much. I'd finished my mother's memorial service a little more than a week before, then had to fly directly to the Middle East and went straight to work, came back and left for Vegas. Sitting in our suite I had time to myself to think. Which wasn't necessarily a good thing (sorry to be a downer, folks!).

Eventually it was dinner time and John and Erica, Beth, Lizzie, Brad and I walked down the road from the Sun Coast to PF Changs. I had walked it the day before and remembered it not being far, so I told the group that it was likely about a quarter mile away. When we left, around 6 pm, it was still 95 out. And it was further than I remembered, more like half a mile. Erica was almost overcome with heat (she herself admits John calls her delicate like a hot house flower!). We got there and had a lovely dinner. At one point it occurred to me: each of the women sitting at the table were the only women (other than my wife) I'd played with at my local dungeon, the Lair de Sade. Each of these women were women I cared for greatly (Jada! Wish you were here!) and who had been very compassionate and kind to me. It was kind of great. And, unbeknownst to each of them, I got very embarrassed at one point with the thought that I was the only guy at the table who'd played with all three. We laughed, had fun, told stories. It was nice catching up with Erica, getting a chance to chat about her book, life, New Guy. It was a sweet dinner. It lifted my spirits, that.

Erica and Beth didn't care for the idea of walking back home. Fortunately, Brad had driven to meet us there and he took John, Erica and Beth back. I wanted to walk, clear my head, and Lizzie was kind enough to join me. We took our time, strolling back to the Sun Coast. However, on the way back, both of us began feeling ill. By the time we were in the hotel I had full-on tummy rumbles and Lizzie was doing worse. 

Monday began and I realized I was looking forward to going home. I went down, saw Lizzie and gave her a good morning/farewell spanking that started OTK with me giving it my all, hitting her with all I had in me. My hand was eventually spent, a good end to a rather short weekend. 

It was time to pack and I met up with Beth and Lizzie at the shuttle and we drove to the airport together. Lizzie was able to get an earlier flight and had to rush to the plane and before too long Beth and I were flying back together, melancholy in the fact we didn't know when we'd play next.

I was happy to be home when I got in on Labor Day. Home. My bed. Relaxation. Again, not a great Shadow Lane report, but there you go. As I say "IIWII" (It Is What It Is).

Randomly, here's a shot of Lizzie from Friday's Vendor Fair, a little out of sequence here, because I was too lazy to blur her face when I wrote Part 1. Don't you love her outfit? Adorable!

 




8 comments:

  1. I think this made me want to give Lizzie a cyber hug, and/or tell her she has excellent taste in undergarments.

    Oh, and anti-prom. It's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. Nice. She'd be happy to know you approve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She has a super cute sock collection! Glad everyone had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the post. I really enjoy the way you write about all of the fun events and dinners; catching up with friends who are kindred spirts helps make these parties so terrific.

    Lizzie is adorable in her plaid skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it is and yes, she is joeyred51.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Craig, thank you for sharing your SL experiences. It was a pleasure to meet you and Lizzie at the party! Ludwig and I had a great time in Vegas. Because of all the lovely people we met, it was even better than I had expected. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, great to hear from you Kaelah! And thanks for commenting! It was wonderful meeting you both and I hope we get the chance to do so again...

    ReplyDelete