Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A Grab Bag of Pics

First up, a photo I took at the Mall of the Emirates in Dubai at a kiosk t-shirt seller:



For a place so keen on blocking kink blogs (like this one) from the UAE, I found this t-shirt ironic.

In Spain, particularly the Catalonia region, the locals have an odd tradition of caganers. These are figures you hide away in your holiday manger scene of someone taking a shit. Don't know where the tradition came from, but it started was a monk figure, carefully secreted in the sacred manger scene. Later, political figures and celebrities (particularly those worthy of ridicule) were depicted as figurines for sale in holiday festival markets. Here's my favorite caganer. It's 30-feet tall and in a mall in Barcelona. Merry Christmas, kids! Don't forget to take a dump next to baby Jesus!


Recently Erica went on a rant again about some terrible food item for sale at Dennys, a patty melt with mac & cheese inside. So, in honor of that, here's something my daughter found recently:


Gumball donuts??? Who needs that?!



12 comments:

  1. Who needs that? The same people who need mac 'n cheese inside their sandwiches, I guess! Blech.

    The doughnut is for a blast of fat, and the gumball is a tooth-rotting chaser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here at the state fair, they have Krispy Kreme Bacon Cheeseburgers. A bacon cheeseburger that uses Krispy Kreme donuts instead of buns.


    That said, I fail to see how a gumball donut is that much worse than a regular donut. The 5 calories in that gumball are truly what push it over the edge? Meh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your donut reminds me of my sister. When she was a kid, she got a bubble gum blizzard. Of course, our mom assumed it was ice cream mixed with some kind of bubble gum flavored candy; in reality, the ice cream had actual pieces of bubble gum inside. My sister was sitting there trying to eat her ice cream, but chewing away at an ever growing glob of bubble gum. Who thought that was a good idea?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not about the cals, A'marie, in this case it's about relevance and use. Who wants to eat a donut with a gumball in it???

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the bubble gum ice cream at Baskin Robbins 31 flavors as a kid, and my kids loved it too when they were little! Wow! I haven't thought about that in ages, Melanie. Well, ice cream...donuts...what's the dif?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still perplexed at Santa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Connie: I guess I can't help you further...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Stewie. It's so obvious he's going to be the weirdest, mother f'ing perv when he grows up.

    I'm also still appalled by the caganer. It just seems so wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Craig, have you ever had GIFILTE FISH that Jewish delicacy on PITZA. Yummy Yummy Sum IT HAS A TASTE THAT IS OUT OF THIS WORLD. of course some people think I'm NUTS for liking it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had it and I do think you're a bit nuts.

      Delete