Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I want THE COCK!

More amusing UK stories...


Directly across the roundabout from my apartment is a lovely old pub/restaurant. What's it called?



Worse, the formal title of this humble establishment is The Cock Inn. So while I was walking around town over the weekend I went over and looked at the menu, decided this would be a good place for dinner, and then at work Monday told my compatriots from America all working over here with me that it was "...time to enjoy The Cock!" Everyone got a chuckle and soon we were all in on the joke (some more than others).

"I can't wait to get to The Cock!"

"How far is The Cock Inn?"

"I'm hungry for The Cock!"

"I never thought I'd say this, but I want The Cock!" (a hetero male)

"Can I please have The Cock now?"

It went on like this--soooo junior high--off and on for about two hours. Of course, if you know me, you'll know I was chuckling and loving every minute. Oh, and the food was pretty darn good, meaning I'll be enjoying The Cock for many nights to come.

On another note, I went for a run Saturday through the local countryside and came upon this old house that had been converted into a music venue...I think:


Kink. 24/7. In the words of Tina Fey's character on 30 Rock, "I want to go to there."


10 comments:

  1. Nice. I visited a pub once many years ago that was run by a thin man named Richard (I think he's since died but I met him in person). It was located practically in the wilderness between two towns. I kid you not, it was named Skinny Dick's Halfway Inn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maui Girl: Hahahahahaha! (snorting!) Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When men get started on penis humor it never ends. Lol. I work with several doctors and just today one was saying "If pulmonologists have a magazine called 'Chest' then do urologists have a magazine called 'Penis'?" I thought wow, this is what you think about in your spare time??

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so juvenile. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, it isn't what we think about Lea. But it is what we joke about. Constantly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you do, Beth. It's not going away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want THE COCK, too.
    Pity it's so far away!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahahaha! You can't always get what you want, A'marie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Craig, what about COCK-A-DOODLE-DOO. I love to EAT AND MEAT you there. or I COCK my hat to you.

    ReplyDelete