Sunday, October 2, 2011

Out of Censorship and WTF?

I'm out of the UAE and so out of internet censorship filters again. Woo-hoo!


When I was over there I was talking to one my colleagues who reminded me of this site full of terrible airbrushed art from carnival rides all over the world. It's called Bad Carnival Art. You've seen the stuff if you've ever been to a fair or carnival: cheese, off-the-mark Disney characters, odd mashups of different stars (all unlicensed, of course).


I grabbed my fave:






You gotta ask yourself here: what were they thinking! Sure, it's on a spin-n-puke teen thrill ride, but WTF? Really? (Must be German...)

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back!

    I'm trying to understand this... but I just don't get it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Understanding the art, Beth? There's no understanding that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So THAT'S who won the Carnival Ride Graphic Art Contest.

    See, dang it, my entry was a large Gothic looking dude manipulating a marionette of a miniature naked chick in front of a massive roller-coaster intertwined with a cock-eyed ferris wheel.

    Heck, I didn't even place! Arrrrgggg!

    Thanks for the reminder, Craig. Sheesh.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha, Connie! That'd be a hell of a site--FAUX bad carnival art!

    ReplyDelete