Friday, November 18, 2011

Versatile Blogger Award

Co-blogger and occasional commenter mauigirl sent me a "Versatile Blogger Award," which was sweet. It's more of chain letter pass-it-along kind of thing, which to be honest, I don't subscribe to. But I did want to publicly acknowledge it was nice of her to send this virtual award my way.


Supposedly, the award recipient must do the following:



Here are the rules, according to pepper:

1. Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this award along to 15 blogs you enjoy reading.
4. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award. 

So, given I'm not into all that, I've thanked the award giver and linked back to her site, above. 

I'll share seven things about myself:

  1. I'm a foodie (if you haven't guessed if you're a regular reader)
  2. I travel a lot (again, likely not news here if you read this frequently)
  3. I used to be a semi-professional magician as a youth (thus, one of the reasons for my "Showman" nom-de-plume in my email address)
  4. I believe our future will be one in which robots will serve us, in our lifetimes.
  5. I read very, very slowly for pleasure as I tend to read super, super fast for work.
  6. I love going to the movies, almost any movie.
  7. I love to write but never have the time.
Unfortunately I won't be following along "rule" #4. I don't want to give other busy people work.

There you go, mauigirl. I didn't follow through, but I did give you a shout-out, so there you go!

11 comments:

  1. You're a foodie? I thought you just enjoyed edible items that could easily accomodate nipple clamps. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's wrong with blogger chain mail? We have to do something to entertain ourselves! And although I think it's patently unfair, I suppose I deserve you posting my picture. :)

    But you were a very good sport to post the seven things about yourself. I like #3. It's easy to see #6 with your imagination. But I do happen to disagree with #4. I think it should be submissives, instead of robots serving in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lea: Well, that too! But yes, I am a foodie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you relax and serve your robot overlords, MINE is going to get me a beer and a blow job!

    As for the photo, I should have asked first, but since it was on your blog I assumed it was up for grabs... Bad form.

    ReplyDelete
  5. #4 makes me think of the PSA-style film on Futurama, predicting the end of civilization were humans to date robots.

    I'm resisting the urge to quote lines. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know you don't.
    That's just the way *my* mind thinks... :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also believe that in our lifetime, robots will be serving us. And that prediction, will come much sooner, than most people realize. Doe'a that mean spanking machine's will be as common as computers. I for one hope not.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spanking machines are just plain creepy and weird, sixofthebest.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Craig, I agree with you on Question #4. How about Robots, fighting our senseless wars, because Mankind can't keep the PEACE. By the way, I like your BLOG. You tell it like it is. I also like Erica Scott's blog, she also tells it like it is.

    ReplyDelete