Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pain Slut [peyn sluht]: noun

I was talking to a friend who described herself as a pain slut recently and it got us thinking about what that really means. We concluded there are basically three "widely used" definitions for "pain slut" out there:


Someone who has no limit to the pain they receive or simply do not safeword.

Someone who loves the feeling of pain, in other words, a true masochist (as opposed to some who love the accoutrement, the bratting, the aftercare, but don't necessarily care so much for the actual pain part--you know who you are!)

Someone who enjoys both pain and sexual pleasure either within the same scene or at the same time.
I concluded there's likely a fourth definition, one that more prescribes to the traditional definition of slut: someone who has no real distinction for who they play with, in other words they'll play with anyone.

But given all those definitions, is there one definition that legitimately defines who/what a pain slut really is? What it really means? I dunno...

So I'm throwing it out there to all of you. What do you think "pain slut" means?

(Thanks to tumblr feed perfectlittlepet for the image.) 

8 comments:

  1. I am who you are talking about in reason 2 within the parentheses. Lol. I'm usually as far from enjoying pain as one can be.

    If I heard the term "pain slut" I'd take it to mean someone who seems to have no limit to pain and can take more and more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, semantics.

    My general take on the matter has always been more of the second definition. Someone who craves the pain. I think for a "true" pain slut, there's something inherently sexual in receiving pain within context, making the third definition irrelevant.

    It's not exactly my area of expertise, I'm just opinionated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would define pain slut the way lea does in her second paragraph.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually start to think of myself as a pain slut whenever I'm in the head space where I just can't get enough pain. Usually I enjoy certain levels and certain types of pain, but I occasionally pass that threshold where I just want as much as I can get (when and whether this happens is usually very dependent on the way he warms me up, and on how submissive he makes me feel). When I make that turn to actually crave pain, I feel like I have become a pain slut.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your input, Lea! I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks to you as well, A'marie. Good observation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a very interesting and insightful definition, Melanie. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete