Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Cosmo Thinks Spanking is Bondage. WTF???

Women's magazine Cosmopolitan is always doing something mildly titillating (12 Ways to Fillate Your Lover, Make Him Hot With Your Elbows, 87 Eye Batting Motions That Will Make Him Want To Give You Diamonds) to get readers and sell issues at Safeway. In this month's issue there's one of their ubiquitous tests. This one is to "know if your guy is kinky" or something like that. 


Read these inane questions:




63% of guys participate in "bondage." But "bondage" is "spanking"??? Since when is spanking bondage? And since when is "taking orders" bondage??? Is this what the vanilla public is going on in the leather-covered dungeons around town or in "those noisy bedrooms" down the hall in the apartment building? 


Silly Cosmo. I think they'd sell more issues if they did a real story on BDSM. We already know that scary black hooded men in latex bodysuits (see my post "Mainstream Kink" about hit show American Gothichttp://darkmusing.blogspot.co.uk/2011/10/mainstream-kink.html) is what's truly titillating the public these days.

9 comments:

  1. Idiots! I'll bet Helen Gurley Brown (former editor of Cosmo) knew the difference between spanking and bondage.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cosmo is a guilty pleasure of mine, and I'll always remember that I discovered Shadow Lane through one of their ads. But that said... it's pretty ridiculous! :-) Taking orders? So I guess that means all restaurant servers are in bondage?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, from what I've read, I'm pretty sure she did, Hermione.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, silly Cosmo. If you need to take a quiz to know if you are kinky, you're NOT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful blog! I found it while searching on Yahoo News. Do you have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo News? I’ve been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Many thanks.ผลบอล

    ReplyDelete