Friday, July 20, 2012

Funishment, Punishment & GP


I was talking with Lizzie the other day about punishment (likely she was in trouble at the time) and we were commiserating about a scene we had had in which I had decided to punish her for misbehaving with a rather brutal and intense session. This, she informed me, didn't truly do the job because, well, she enjoyed it far to much.


As I've described in talking about scenes in the past, I'll use real-life incidents as a reason to enact a punishment--to get in the head of the person I'm playing with. Often, these scenes will be about "punishing" that person for whatever it was they did wrong. I've found using real stuff is better than role-playing. The impact mentally is far better. 


But given Lizzie's strong predilection to appreciate pain, a legitimate punishment for a genuine wrongdoing doesn't really deliver the goods, so to speak. So I've come up with three categories: Funishment, Punishment and GP, which stands for Genuine Punishment.


A Funishment is just that--a fun punishment. This can be a playful scene of OTK or spanking or even some light BDSM and there can be some element of roleplay to the scene, but it's really just a frivolous thing.


A Punishment really is what was described above--getting in the head of the person I'm playing with to exact a more intense, cathartic scene where it's not just about the pain but also about the headspace.


Then there's a Genuine Punishment. Back to Lizzie's point about "enjoying it too much to be a punishment" this became an important category when we began a phase in our relationship in which cause and effect, consequences and discipline became an integral component. How do you punish when the punishee is a masochist? This is where things like corner time come into play. Not painful and not fun. Or kneeling on a hardwood floor on uncooked rice. Not a Funishment, not a Punishment--a Genuine Punishment. 


The differences become clear really quickly and a quick thread of a dreaded "GP" can result in some rather swift attitude adjustments. 

8 comments:

  1. As someone who thoroughly enjoys spanking, most of the time my spanking play is just that -- play. But for it to feel real, it doesn't take much. It's not about more pain or discomfort, although launching into implements without a warm-up doesn't feel good. It's about head space, and feeling like I've somehow offended or upset my top.

    Four words will turn FP into GP, instantly: "I'm disappointed in you."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right you are, Erica. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  2. The worst punishment I've received was from a caning, but the tears weren't from the sting, but from as Erica said, the knowing that I so disappointed my Sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll just bet. Thanks for commenting and welcome, SpankCake.

      Delete
  3. There are so many different categories and headspaces of spanking and I understand the differences in what you state above. For me, a punishment definitely requires a top who can get into my head. Scolding and things of that nature get to me more than the physical pain does. (Not to say I can take a lot of physical pain either, I'm quite a wuss.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great description, Lea. Thanks so much for sharing.

      Delete
  4. I would like to sign up for the first two. :D

    I don't know that I've ever really been punished, but being sent to the corner would probably cause a ridiculously crazy toddler-worthy melt-down on my part. Although it's fun to think of friends being sent to the corner. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not sure? Trust me, I think you'll know it when it happens...

      Delete