Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Compliance


There is an odd, new indy film out (and it may be hard to find) that would be interesting to check out, Fellow Kinksters. It's called Compliance and rather than tell you about the premise myself, I'll simply quote Entertainment Weekly. They summed it up well:

A man calls a fast-food restaurant and tells the manager that he's a cop and that an employee has stolen from a customer. Before the end of the movie, the caller persuades the manager (a female) to strip-search the suspect (another female). He also talks the manager into committing a sexual act. 

Sounds strange? You bet. But what makes it even stranger? It really happened in 2004 at a McDonald's in Kentucky. The employee was detained, stripped and sexually assaulted on the instructions of a caller pretending to be a police officer. A prison guard was charged with soliciting a sex act and impersonating an officer, but was acquitted in 2006. The restaurant manager however, received a year's probation and her fiancĂ©, who helped guard the employee, pleased guilty to sexual abuse, sexual misconduct and unlawful imprisonment, and got a five year jail sentence. As for the victim, she got a cool $5 million in compensatory and punitive damages from McDonald's.

It's a strange story, made stranger because some of this sounds like scenes I've seen, heard about, read about or watched on video. And being convicted of unlawful imprisonment certainly hits a tender spot. What top (or bottom, for that matter) haven't worried about getting accused by a stranger of just such a thing? Now, I'm not condoning and I'm certainly not aggrandizing the terrible experience the poor drive-thru employee went through, but you also gotta admit that it sounds like certain erotic humiliation scenes--if it had only been fictional.

The director had this to say: "I hope the movie, in a way, isn't pleasant enough to be something that someone would want to be involved in. And you'd have to be a pretty devoted perv." Noted.

4 comments:

  1. I think I'll have to check it out. Actually I think I'm off to Google the details; I'd never heard of this before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very low budget film playing in limited release.

      Delete
  2. I remember hearing about that story in the news when it happened. Just bizarre.

    ReplyDelete