Sunday, November 11, 2012

Finding the Courage to Reveal a Fetish

The New York Times ran a really fantastic story on Friday about a spanking devotee's need to express herself and her kink to her partner(s). Jillian Keenan reveals a heartbreaking tale (one that we all know) of how hard it is to come out. After reading through this poignant article (made more amazing by the fact it's in the NY Times) it made me appreciate the connections I've made in the lifestyle, particularly with my partner Lizzie. 

Like recent posts on this very blog on this subject, finding a partner who not only understands our particular kink but is also harmoniously compatible is hard to find, so if and when you do you have to grab it with all you've got and not let go, if possible. 

Read the piece. You'll be moved: 

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/11/fashion/modern-love-a-spanking-fetish-is-not-revealed-easily.html?_r=0

(And thanks to Lizzie for sending this article my way.)

12 comments:

  1. Craig, that article is a must-read for all of us. I hope you won't mind if I share it with my readers too. I'll let them know I read it here first.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I concur (obviously). No! I don't mind. I think it's good/important to share!

      Delete
  2. This is a great article and one that I can definitely relate to, as I'm sure many others can as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you can. Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  3. on my way to read it now - thanks in advance for sharing :)
    hugs kiwi xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could share. Hope you appreciate the piece, kiwigirliegirl.

      Delete
  4. I love it.

    It's funny, because I've been asked (more than once) would I really walk away from someone I loved because they were "vanilla" (or iterations of the same thing). The article is a nod to how deep it runs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. And the power of what happens when you find it.

      Delete
  5. This is an excellent article. With permission from the author I was able to post it in it's entirity on ADDS Friday after LOL Day was settling down. If you look toward blogs and social networking, the response to Ms. Keenan's "essay" as she calls it, has been huge so far across the spanking & DD community. I wrote Ms. Keenan back and I'm hoping for a follow up type of Interview with her soon. Fingers crossed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic! Good luck on hearing back. Let us know!

      Delete
  6. I read this and I too was amazed..and thrilled it was in the Times. A great article.
    I just found your blog and am planning on spending some time here right now reading all I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you discovered it. Welcome! And thanks for the comment. I hope you enjoy.

      Delete